Aidan at 23 months

Aidan at 23 months
Aidan at 23 months

Monday, June 6, 2011

My last few crazy weeks


Well, ladies, as you probably noticed I haven’t blogged in quite some time and here’s why. I unfortunately had my little boy sick for weeks. He had a cold that just wouldn’t go away. When it started to get better it only lasted a few days like that and then it was back with a vengeance. It got so bad it turned into pneumonia (settled in his left lung) and we ended up in the ER with a boy who had 105.4 temp. You can imagine how scary that was for him and for daddy and mommy. He was put in a 10-day Amoxicillin treatment to which he turned out to be allergic to; got a rash all over his back. After a few days of antibiotics the doctor said “No more”. So thank goodness, they had done their job in 5 days and he had started to feel better. It took us what felt like forever to break his fever, around the clock meds and temp checking for days on end. Now, with the grace of Dios he is finally feeling so much better. The last 5 days he’s been back to his happy self. His sleeping schedule it’s still a bit disrupted but nothing we are going to majorly complain about. That is the least of our worries after the scare we had.  Did I mention the x-ray machine for children is the scariest, most archaic looking tool I have ever seen??? That damn contraption looks like something  Frankenstein would have built in his basement. I had to get a picture online to show it to you. Granted, the child in this picture must have been on some sort of sedative because my Aidan was not this calm, not one bit. He was so scared, poor thing. Anyway, I digress, he is back to happy…probably less traumatized about the stupid machine than his mother :-).

Needless to say, I had a mandatory week of shutdown last week and it was spent mostly making sure the little one was back to healthy. When he was healthy enough to go back to daycare then I was able to catch up with the house work. Can’t believe how much laundry and dishes and the mess a family of 3 can create in a week or two if we don’t keep on top of it. I was able to take some time to work on the maternity scrapbook I’m working on as well so I somehow managed to fit all that in and still spend a couple of nights having fun with the hubby in our pool room, kicking his butt or letting him kick mine, just to be a good wife J. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it, don’t judge. Hehehe.

So, on to fantastic news, my husband and I have finally booked our vacation for the week of July 4th (another company shutdown for me). My awesome mother in law and father in law will be in town and staying with Aidan for a whole week while we are away on a much needed break. We haven’t taken vacation since our Honeymoon and that was almost 3 years ago. How time flies, right? Anyway, we are Mexico bound to an All Inclusive resort that was highly recommended by one of my husband’s co-workers who just came back from his own vacation there a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it.
Can’t wait to go back to Puerto Vallarta, where I met my hubby 4 years ago at a pool bar at the Dreams resort. Yes, I still can’t believe he lived so closed to me all those years in the Bay Area, we hung out in the same bars and frequented the same restaurants yet we had to meet while both of us were on vacation all the way in Mexico. Like my mami would say: “Mi’ja, don’t fight el destino, what’s meant to be will be”. So Mexico, here we come, we are ready for the beach, non-stop margaritas and some serious, and I mean serious, R&R. Zip-lining and all sorts of excursions will be so much fun. I will share pictures upon my return.
Well, this all pretty much covers my last couple of weeks worth of updates.

Hope you ladies all have a fabulous week filled with joy and laughter, but most importantly, health.
Vero

No comments:

Post a Comment